Prep time: 7 minutes
- 1 cauliflower (gobi)diced into florets and washed
- 3 medium size potatoes (aloo) chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon finly chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1.5 inch ginger (adrak) grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon oil or ghee
- salt and pepper
1. In a large pan over medium heat, put the oil/ghee, onions and mustard seed in, stir for 1 minute.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for 8-9 minutes, then add the cauliflower and peas for another 8-9 minutes
3. Spice up the mix with turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Saute for a minute. Then add the ginger.Mix everything well.
4. Saute the entire dish for 10-12 minutes more.
5. Once the aloo gobi is done, sprinkle garam masala, cunin and cilantro, and mix.
6. Serve the aloo gobi with rotis or a bowl of yogurt.