Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup
Cinnamon Nut Topping:
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds
Preheat the oven to 350 F
1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, coconut sugar, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to fully combine.
2.Add the coconut oils, apple sauce, almond milk, and maple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and roll in the topping until thoroughly cover. Place on a well greased cookie sheet. OR place in a donut pan. If you choose the cookie sheet, pinch out the center.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 10 minutes. Take out and let cool.