Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 15
– 2 de-steamed collard green
– 1 large handful of parsley
– 1 large handful of cilantro
– 1 cup of cooked quinoa
– 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 2 medium cloves of garlic
– 1/2 cup tahini
– 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
– sea salt and black pepper
– 1 tablespoons chickpea flour
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– dash of cayenne pepper
– sesame seeds and olive
(option to use sesame oil)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Wash and then cook the quinoa on a stove top. Set aside.
2. Add collard greens, parsely, cilantro,chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Blend.
3. Once blended, transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in chickpea flour, then add the quinoa.
4. In a small bowl, pour a bit of olive oil (sesame oil) and sesame seeds.
5. Make the mixture into ice cream scoop size balls, roll in the oil and sesame seeds till coverd. Make sure the balls are not dripping in oil, best to add small amounts to the bowl as you go.
6. Place on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. Check at the 15 minute mark. Flip once deep golden brown
7. Cook until the underside is golden, about another 5-7 minutes.
Serve immediately with YummeYou’s hummus! I love to put it in a collard green wrap with veggies!