Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grade B organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tablespoon cinnamon
- 3-4 dashes of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Chop the apples into 1/2 inch cubes, place them along with the lemon juice, syrup and cinnamon in a pot, cover and cook over medium heat until tender.
2. Mix the chia seeds and warm water in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
4. Add the vanilla, coconut oil, syrup, and chia seeds, stir.
5. Mash in the bananas, mix till the batter is smooth, or a bit chunky if you like banana chunks.
6. Stir in the apples. Add nuts (optional)
7. Transfer into a bread dish, and cook for about 45-50 minutes.
8. Stick a knife in the center, if comes out gooey, place back in the oven until it comes out clean. Then take the bread out and let it cool.