Prep Time: 10 minutes
- one cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cooked chickpeas or one 15 ounce can
- one large carrot
- one tablespoon ground flax meal mixed with three tablespoons of water
- 1/2 a small red onion finely chopped
- one cup fresh parsley chopped
- one clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- one tablespoon cumin
- two tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1) On the stove, cook the rice till soft. Let cool.
2) In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water. Set aside.
3) Peel the carrot and roughly chop.
4) Put the chickpeas, carrots, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and garlic in a food processor or blender, and pulse until it becomes a coarse paste.
5) In a bowl, mix the blender contents and the rice.
6) Chop the onion and parsley and add it to the mixture along with the nutritional yeast. Mix thoroughly.
7) Divide the mixture into 8 palm size patties with your hands, and place them on a greased baking tray.
8) Place them in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.