Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 heaping cup of dates
- 3/4 cup coconut mana
- 1 cup Thai coconut cream
- 2 cups oats flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablspoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 1/4 or more teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cups nut of your choice, I like almonds
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 bars of 70-85 % cocoa chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes. De pit and add to a blender with the coconut milk, mana and vanilla. Blend until it becomes a mousse.
2. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with the water, set aside.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together with the nuts, then add the blender contents, chocolate chips and chia seeds, mix.
4. Make the dough into palm size wedges and place on oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out and let cool.
4. Over low heat, melt the teaspoon of oil with the chocolate bars. option to use. Let cool, but not get cold.
5. Take the scones out and let cool. of the chocolate on top. Drizzle the chocolate over the scones. Option to use chocolate chips for the top.