Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup or can tomatoes (I like mashing fresh cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 small cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 3 large handfuls of chopped kale
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 pinches of cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, mix quinoa,lentils, coconut milk, diced tomatoes (with juice), curry powder and and bring to boil. Reduce the heat , cover saucepan and let simmer until quinoa is ready, about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking: in a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry the garlic and onion until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and cauliflower,season with salt, pepper and crushed red chili pepper, saute, then cover for about 4 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another couple minutes.
- Throw in the kale and cook until wilted, about a minute.
- Mix the veggies with the quinoa/lentils, ,add salt to taste, and garnish with cilantro before serving.