Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of lentils cooked (boil in 2 cups of water or vegetable stock, reduce heat and simmer till the lentils are cooked)
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped asparagus (1 inch)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground brown mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne
1. Cook the lentils, set aside.
2. In a large skillet, place the sweet potatoes and 3/4 cups of water. Cover and let them steam until softened, but not mushy.
3. In another skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion for 1 minutes, then add the asparagus. Cook till the asparagus is tender, then add the sweet potato, kale, lentils and cumin. Saute for 3 minutes, turn off the heat and let cool.
4. Mix all the dijon ingredients in a bowl and pour over the salad when it is cool.