Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup black lentils, cooked
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/3 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1-2 pinches fresh parsley
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 dashes paprika
- 2-3 dashes chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic almond croutons
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Place the cooked lentils, quinoa, chickpeas, parsley and tomato sauce in a blender, blend till chunky.
2. In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté the onion and and garlic, adding the mushrooms after 30 seconds. Stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add the pepper, mix the contents for another minute, then add the celery. Add the spices, salt and pepper, stir for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients of the blender and skillet, adding the nutritional yeast and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
5. In a loaf baking pan, or individualised small loaf pans, pour the contents of the bowl and press with hands until firm inside the pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes then take out, sprinkle the top with croutons and bake for another 25 minutes.
7. Take out and let cool.