Prep: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 dashes nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup nut milk
Maple Pecan Glaze:
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted finely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water, set aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, flax meal,banana and milk. Blend thoroughly.
4. In an oiled donut baking pan, pour the batter into the donut shapes.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
6. In a blender, blend the erythritol till it becomes a powder. Add the rest of the ingredients except the nuts, blend.
7. In a bowl, mix the finely chopped pecans with the blender contents.
8. Take the donuts out of the oven and let cool.
9. Spread the pecan glaze over the donuts and store in the refrigerator.