Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces brown rice fettuccine noodles
- 4 full cups of fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast (vegan)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the brown rice noodles according to instructions.
2. In a blender place all the pesto sauce ingredients. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
3. Strain the noodles and run cold water over them so they separate.
4. Mix in the pesto sauce.
Toss in some pine nuts and extra parmesan. I like to serve this over fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes!