Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 6 small red, orange and yellow peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 artichoke hearts chopped (cooked or from a can)
- 1/4 a small onion finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small yellow zucchini chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small green zucchini chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chickpeas (cooked, or from a can)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 dashes of red pepper chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400
1. Cook the quinoa according to instructions. Set aside.
2. Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the insides leaving them hollow to be stuffed.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil (2 tablespoons) for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, and stir till they are tender. Toss in the rest of the ingredients including the quinoa, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
4. Stuff this mixture into the peppers, and place them on a greased cookie tray.
5. Bake this in the oven until the outsides of the pepper are tender, (about 10 minutes). Enjoy!