Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
1. For the filling, soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes, drain, pit and place in a blender.
2. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt, blend till smooth.
3. In a bowl, mix the blender contents with the pecans. Set aside.
4. For the dough, mix all the dry ingredients together then add the coconut oil, vanilla, maples syrup and almond milk. Mix thoroughly.
4. Roll the dough into small balls (1 1/2 tablespoon worth) and place on a greased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten the balls and use your fingers to make a well, or indentation resembling a mini pie.
5. Generously fill the cookies with the pecan filling and bake for 10-15 minutes, rotating the cookies 180 degrees after 7 minutes.
6. Take them out and let them completely cool.