Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups of pecans, walnuts and almonds (cashews can be substituted)
- 8-9 dates
- 1/3 brown rice syrup
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of strawberries or any berry of your choice
- 5 dates
1. In a blender, grind the nuts and coconut flakes into a fine flour. It may be a little oily.
2. Add the dates, sea salt and vanilla and blend. Empty the mixture into a bowl and mix with your hands.
3. Roll the dough out onto parchment paper into a rectangular shape. Cut it into 8 squares.
4. Blend the strawberries and dates in a blender or food processor. Scoop onto the middle of 4 of the squares, and spread it into a thin layer.
5. Cover the jam rectangles with the non jam rectangles and pinch the sides together.
6. Poke small holes with a fork or toothpick all over the top of the tart.
7. Place them on a cookie sheet and dehydrate in the oven or a dehydrator. About a full day.
Option to make them semi raw and place them in the oven for 1 and a half hours at a 180 degrees.