Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 handful of brazil nuts
- 1 handful cashews
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon plus cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried black mission figs, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- in a food processor, pulse the nuts until “granola” size bits.
- In a mixing bowl, transfer the blender contents, add the seeds, coconut flakes, spices and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Add the honey, vanilla and coconut oil, mix.
- Spread the granola out on a parchment lined baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring/flipping it at 5 minutes.
- Take out, add the figs and let cool.
Enjoy with a milk or yogurt, and seasonal fruit of your choice!