Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 bag buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 cup shelled organic edamame
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Sesame Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup organic plain peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, return to pot. If the edamame is frozen, bring to boil a small pot of water and cook the edamame for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing: in a small skillet, add a tablespoon of sesame oil and lightly toast the sesame seeds and peanuts for 2-4 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked soba noodles. Pour dressing over the noodles. Add the edamame. For best flavor, let the noodles marinate for 20 minutes before serving.