Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons or more of olive oil
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and cut the sweet potato in half, then cut the halves face down into 1/3 of an inch thick planks. Rotate the planks, then cut them into sticks. For wedges, cut the sweet potato in half, then cut the face down halves into wedges.
3. In a bowl, mix the sweet potato fries with the olive oil, cayenne, salt and pepper.
4. Spread the coated fries over a baking sheet and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 7 minutes, stir, then bake until soft and crispy (about another 5 minutes)
6. Remove the fries from the oven and let cool.
Enjoy with the dipping sauce of your choice!